Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Brown's new direx in athletics
Riverside Pete 
Pre-Frosh

Reg: 04-26-18
05-30-20 12:07 PM - Post#308141    
    In response to Bruno

Editorial by grumpy old Lion.

I don’t think that all the Ivies need to have all the exact same number of teams, but I think “ substantial equivalence“ should be required to remain in league. This exists now. While there are exceptions ( e.g. Dartmouth doesn’t wrestle, Col doesn’t play Div 1 hockey, Yale doesn’t wrestle, Penn does not have a women’s hockey team.) , these exceptions are few and far between.But the direction Brown has taken is quite beyond that.

The fact that they admit to doing so in order to beef up the other more important public facing sports is honest, but sneaky and will give them an undeserved advantage in fielding better hoops and FB teams. This is bound to hurt Columbia-even more so than H, Pr, Y. Maybe it’s time the league should rethink whether Brown should remain as a member of the league. After all, the Ivy League was officially formed strictly as an athletic conference. And, in my opinion, this did a great deal to raise Brown’s overall institutional reputation.Now Brown wants to have it both ways. Not fair.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.291 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:00 PM