Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Ivy Presidents to Make Statement on Fall Sports July 8
HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

Loc: New Jersey
Reg: 01-21-14
07-09-20 09:31 AM - Post#310169    
    In response to penn nation

Now CDC declining Trump and Pence's insistence that it revise its guidance, will just add more details.

Harvard and MIT sue over international students, other Ivies agree to join suit.

Virus spreading already within athletic workouts (Ohio State, Clemson).

President avoids Coronavirus task force meetings for months, decrees that schools must open, and tries to get his uninformed and political ends by threatening to withhold funding - something he is powerless to do.

West Palm Beach, responding to parents and teachers, decides not to open schools.

Tulsa spikes following political rally.

Record new cases, again and again.

Only remaining near term thread of hope, that deaths would stay low, disappearing as daily deaths in US approach 1,000 again.

Ivies lead again with online classes, reduced on-campus enrollment and no sports. But, what happens if hundreds of students fall ill? My experience when my son had mono suggests schools are not prepared for medical care that might be needed. We had to pick my son up - at the advice of the school - or he would have simply spent two weeks on a cot in a makeshift space. No infirmary.

Edited by HARVARDDADGRAD on 07-09-20 09:48 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.402 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:14 PM