Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Dartmouth Eliminates 5 Varsity Programs
Go Green 
PhD Student

Reg: 04-22-10
07-15-20 10:08 AM - Post#310384    
    In response to rbg

• rbg Said:

- What is the likelihood of moving fall sports to the spring? Is that process underway? Would it just be football, or all fall sports?

HS: I think that every campus is going to have their own challenges in terms of staffing. For example, if we move our whole slate of fall sports to the spring, how does that impact our trainers, the sports medicine people, the equipment men? This is a very layered decision. On the surface, that sounds great. And if we can do that, I would love to give those young men and women a chance to compete in the spring because I do know this is a heavy price for our student-athletes to pay.

We just don’t know if that’s actually logistically possible yet. In talking with my colleagues around the league, there are a couple places that have told us, “There’s no way we can do it.” I’ve told our staff, “We’re not going to say that. We’re going to see if we can. Let’s figure it out if we can.” If we can’t, then we’ll have to say that at some point. But if we can, then I’d like to keep that possibility open. -

While I'm guessing that the schools in urban areas may have an exceptionally hard time pulling off multiple seasons in the Spring, Dartmouth *should* be able to do it.

There should be enough space to accommodate everyone.

Edited by Go Green on 07-15-20 10:08 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.236 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:29 AM