Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: This proves that Covid can be managed at Universities
mrjames 
Professor

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
12-30-20 11:25 AM - Post#318330    
    In response to PennFan10

While I don't really know what "right" means here (it would seem to be relative depending on who is making the decision), a lot of the arguments presented above are either entirely wrong or somewhat misleading.

What we know is that March Madness has to happen this year from a monetary perspective. What we also know is that prominent coaches like Coach K, Pitino, Capel have said they don't think they should be playing. And finally what almost everyone on these boards agrees on is that traveling around the Northeast right now is a non-starter (folks here and there might disagree, but seems like the overwhelming majority understands the risks there are not within an acceptable range for this league).

So, what that leaves is the bubble. I don't know to what level a bubble was discussed, if seriously at all, at the league office. Regardless of process, I'm not at all surprised by the outcome of dismissing it. It would either need to be a semi-permeable bubble that would leave lots of potential risks or a completely closed bubble that would be a logistical nightmare and practical impossibility.

It's common practice to blame the presidents, and frankly, it's quite fun. But the blame being thrown around here is wildly off base, sadly.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.276 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:27 PM