Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 2020-21 Regular Season is dead, long live 2021-22
iogyhufi 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-10-17
05-05-21 09:51 PM - Post#323945    
    In response to mrjames

I am less rosy on Harvard's prospects - not to say they won't be good, but there's a real world of difference between having the biggest stone-cold killer there to clean up your messes (poor, poor Columbia) and not having him. (EDIT: Whoo man, I forgot Aiken didn't play in 19-20. They say the mind is the first thing to go... Nonetheless all the non-Kirkwood production is gone, and the rim protection too. Defense will be tougher than usual but that's something Amaker usually does well - wonder how it'll go without a Zena/Lewis this time.) Also, I'll believe that Forbes will be good when I see it, because what I recall from 2019-20 was, uh, not that.

Haven't the foggiest what to think of everybody generally with a year off, though I would wager Yale returns the highest-value player in Swain. Losing Atkinson is a toughie, to put it mildly, but the younger bigs are talented enough that they'll be fine. Sneaky big loss for Yale is Monroe - good floor generals who can make absolutely clean blocks on Ivy PoY winners ( ) don't just appear out of thin air.

I think Penn benefits the most from the chaos year-off, since losing the player who made the team go in every aspect of the game wasn't going to be easy anyway.

Gun to my head, I say Y/H/Pe/Pr/B/D/Cor/Col but I wouldn't wager one red cent on it.

Edited by iogyhufi on 05-05-21 09:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.278 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:02 PM