dperry 
Postdoc
dperry
Loc: Houston, TX
Reg: 11-24-04
09-01-21 02:02 PM - Post#326449    
    In response to SteveChop

• SteveChop Said:
The answer is (SHOCKINGLY!) that the price of tickets have not been reduced even though the number of Home games has AGAIN been reduced.

Yeah, football is staying the same price for individual games as well. Given that everyone is sitting on the south side this year and the lower GA tickets are therefore not going to be great, they'd better let us sit in the upper deck, or I'm going to have a hissy.

And if that wasn't enough, we also give you a bonus helping of draconian COVID restrictions! I'll let the actual lawyers parse the meaning of "attest" in this context, but hopefully it means we won't have to actually bring our vaccination cards to the games, although I'm not happy about either the mandatory provision of contact information to Big Ben, the pre-game check-in, or having to wear masks for the whole frickin' game. If this is what they're doing for the fall season, when most of the sports are outside, I can only imagine what it's going to be like for the winter. Also, the reference to "social distancing" is worrisome; that could put a serious dent in the capacity of the Palestra if they decide to enforce an actual number. For those of you who want to attend the Villanova game in person, I would definitely get tickets as soon as they become available, and depending on how well hoops does this year, I could also see the Harvard and Princeton games being problems. If football and the two basketballs don't get off to good starts, I'm probably going to curtail my attendance sharply until they come back to their senses.
David Perry
Penn '92
"Hail, Alma Mater/Thy sons cheer thee now
To thee, Pennsylvania/All rivals must bow!!!"

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.214 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:57 PM