Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Fairleigh Dickinson
SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
11-30-21 04:41 AM - Post#330165    
    In response to welcometothejungle

The 3-point problem against FDU I think is a side-effect of lots of our perimeter defenders not being able to stop their man from driving, leading them to back off and give a cushion. It certainly hasn't been the case that the opposition is exploiting rotating help defenders for kick-outs--there hasn't been much help and the opponents don't have that many assists.

When you are having troubles against dribble penetration in your man defense, you have to think hard about whether it would be easier for a weak-side defender to split the difference between watching his guy on the perimeter and sagging in, or easier for the on-ball defender to play back and thens close out. So far, the Tigers have mostly been doing the latter, and it hasn't been that pretty.

I still think this team needs to be more disruptive defensively in terms of ball pressure, double teams, going for deflections and steals, etc. They're giving up easy shots now and I don't think it would get much worse if a few gambles didn't work out.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.343 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:53 PM