Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Individual efficiency stats 2007-2014
palestra38 
Professor

Reg: 11-21-04
03-21-22 09:36 PM - Post#339734    
    In response to LocalTiger

They were very young, and return everyone consequential. The teams that won won with veteran talent, almost all of which is gone. Plus, Penn had no big men of note until the playoff game. I think you'll see the efficiency ratings increase dramatically next year for Penn. But I think these ratings are almost meaningless when it comes to individual excellence since they penalize those who dominate possession time, an utterly meaningless distinction. Look at shooting percentage for true excellence. If a guard shoots over 50% from 2, he is very hard to defend. 3 point shooting really is as much of a team factor as individual--you have to have teammates who can get you the ball while you are open--it's very very hard to create your own 3. The evidence that Dingle was the best player in the League was his shooting percentage from 2, when he almost always was subject to a double team. Jordan Dingle shot 56.5% from 2 in the League this year, and 85% from the line. Those are numbers of an unstoppable player. His 3 percentage was a bit lower than one would like, but as I said, many were taken out of necessity. To compare, Brendan Barry shot 36% from 2, Choh, 47%, Kirkwood 47%, Llewellen 49%, Swain, 47%. Only Gabbidon and Tosan were comparable from 2, and both had far more help and shot few 3s.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.279 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:33 PM