American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Stirring the pot
BUPilot 
Masters Student
BUPilot
Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Reg: 02-11-06
03-31-07 04:32 AM - Post#34227    

As a staunch fan of the Patriot League, I'm going to throw out a hypothetical question for this crowd.

Assume the widely expected improvement in the Patriot League does not occur over the next 5 years. Instead, it remains a case of Bucknell vs Holy Cross for the league championship and everybody else significantly behind us every year and the league remains ranked in the 17-22 range RPIwise with only the auto-bid to the NCAAs each year. If faced with this hypothetical situation 5 years from now, is there a persuasive argument that Bucknell should seriously consider looking into another league affiliation for basketball and/or any other sports? If so, which league would be the best fit & quite honestly, would Bucknell have enough to offer any league that would be a 'step up' to make it an attractive candidate for membership?

Please work within the hypothetical premise as stated when responding - i.e. don't respond by claiming that the hypothetical factual situation won't happen b/c Lafayette is going to get much better now with scholarships and form at a minimum a "Big Three" in the league. In reality, I fully expect Lafayette to be highly competitive in the relatively near future given the capable coaching of Fran O'Hanlon. But for this discussion's purposes - the league would remain effectively unchanged over the next several years w/no noticeable improvement from what it's been the last few years.

Discuss amongst yourselves....
Will Atlas shrug? Who is John Galt?

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.012 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:56 PM