KenZ
Reg: 01-23-06
04-02-07 05:05 PM - Post#34237    
    In response to Shot Clock

reasons to expand:
1) ease basketball scheduling challenges
2) add football teams
3) make HC feel less isolated

Richmond and W&M are the two names that have been around for ever and for my money Richmond is the perfect fit (but does not address HC isolation). i have never heard ODU, nor do i think they fit at all. Loyola, MD is another southern name that comes up sometimes, but they don't have football.

i often get taken to task for this, but i think Marist is the most likely current candidate and is a resonably good fit. they would need to commit to a substantial increase in their football $s commitment. Fairfield is another, but they dumped football which lessens the appeal of their profile.

prediction, if anything happens before 2010 it will be Marist and either Fairfield or Loyola. if we wait, i believe we can pick up Richmond as a football affiliate (if the PL gets in gear and allows schollys) and can convert that to all sports in a few more years. few buy this theory as it is based on my personal belief that the A10 is an abomination of a conference with no reason to exist except as a collection of schools with delusions of basketball grandeur, all waiting for the chance to associate with the big boys and leave the rest of their ilk behind.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.552 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:26 AM