Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Cornell game
Ever True 
Junior

Reg: 02-02-15
01-16-23 04:08 PM - Post#349659    
    In response to Chet Forte

I thought the story they told on the broadcast today about Coach Earl was telling - essentially, if you believe the Columbia commentators, during the Covid pause, Earl looked at the league and realized that he wasn't going to out-recruit the other teams and he wasn't going to get better athletes than the other teams, so he created a system which he felt would suit the players he had in his program and would give his team an advantage in league play. Fair to say that it's worked out for him thus far.

I think the recruiting at Columbia has picked up since Tobe Carberry joined the staff. There are a bunch of talented young players on the team and another good class coming in next year, but I doubt Engles and co. can maintain that recruiting if they continue to lose 12-13 Ivy games every season.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.638 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:50 AM