Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Time for a Change
Quakers03 
Professor

Reg: 12-07-04
01-17-23 05:53 PM - Post#349815    
    In response to Penndemonium

• Penndemonium Said:
I actually think that Penn got plenty of decent (though not great) shots, but wasn't hitting anything.

Given that our awful offense is what prompted me to post, I have to take umbrage with this. Penn had 5 assists. 5. I know Princeton only had 6 but that was a result of knowing that they could play one on one bully ball and win, plus going 4-25 from 3. Am I missing all of these good Penn shots? I can’t think of one open, in rhythm look, outside of a deep Max corner 3, where I thought that good ball movement got them a good look. They were completely overwhelmed and without Jordan carrying them, there was nothing there. How many times in a row can we lose to this team?!

We could go down the list and ask why someone like Lucas hasn’t developed an offensive game, but one look at him in high school would would have told you that. So it all comes down to recruiting. Jonah may be a good kid, but when you can only make a 3 in the perfect situation (see Wilkes), you can’t be on the floor. Holland has shown a spark at times but I guess he doesn’t defend well enough to earn minutes?

As for the recruiting pitch, we are a top 10 university with a top 3 basketball gym, built in Big 5 games in a top 10 city with a storied basketball history. That has to be enough for more recruiting success. What exactly is Nat’s pitch? How is he selling us? They all seem like great guys who graduate great men, but something is missing. We can’t just blame the fin aid structure. This is something bigger. Respected (and non-respected) posters have been hinting or loudly beating this drum for a while and I don’t think there are many questions left. Only question is what comes next. Alana has known Steve for a LONG time…
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.009 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:33 PM