Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Wonder what JTIII is thinking now...
Go Green 
PhD Student

Reg: 04-22-10
01-26-23 10:16 AM - Post#350228    
    In response to palestra38

• palestra38 Said:
I was going to say that Georgetown suffers from not having an on-campus arena, but Seton Hall and Providence have done much better than Georgetown without on-campus arenas. What do you think explains the downfall of the Georgetown program?

They may not have an on-campus arena, but they have an awesome on-campus basketball center that was completed the same year JTIII was fired. Ewing was literally given the keys to the center.

ANYWAY, I don't follow Georgetown as closely as I should, but the theories I've seen are 1) Ewing still prefers conventional lineups (a true center, a true point guard, a true shooting guard, etc.) whereas today's game all players are expected to do everything, and 2) he plays his best players in games too long, exhausting them by the later second half.

In any event, few would argue that Georgetown needs a change in leadership from Ewing. And a case could also be made that JTIII deserved a season or two with the new basketball center to entice recruits.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.011 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:34 AM