Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Penn I/ Sad state of Harvard basketball
FlareScreen 
Freshman

Reg: 08-09-19
01-30-23 06:15 PM - Post#350529    
    In response to CM

Cornell fan here, didn’t go to Cornell but lived in Ithaca for several years and knew a few Cornell athletes. Based on roster information, Cornell has 18 players on the roster with 6 players from NYS, 3 in NYS contract schools, and 3 in endowed schools/colleges. Out of curiosity and with some free time, Columbia has 14 players listed on the roster and 4 from hometowns in New York. 20-30 years ago NY may have been a hotbed for high school basketball but their neighbors in New Jersey have overtaken them IMO. I don’t know about the difference in admission rates but did have an old neighbor who went to the Dyson Business School, which I believe is part of the NYS system and has a very low admission rate as I recall.
I enjoyed Ithaca but there are no local D1 basketball feeder schools unless you consider Syracuse, Albany, and Buffalo local schools.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.224 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:35 AM