Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Pennsylvania
penn nation 
Professor

Reg: 12-02-04
03-07-23 10:45 PM - Post#353420    
    In response to SRP

This is why Michael Jordan will always be #1 in my book. He was "on" for every single game, well aware that for some this was the first time they would see him perform--and perform he did, night in and night out.

He never, ever, took a night off. He was the ultimate competitor and took basketball to new heights, figuratively and literally, in the process. And as unbelievable as he was in the regular season, he was unsurpassed in the playoffs.

• SRP Said:
One thing underrated about NBA superstars IMO is their ability to play hard for so many minutes (even in these days of "load management"--if anything that makes them work harder when they do hit the court).

I think I was first struck by this years ago at a game where Kevin Garnett was visiting the Mavs while playing for the Timberwolves. He wasn't only super-talented, he was involved in the outcome of every possession on both sides of the ball, like a giant Energizer Bunny. Antetekoumpo is similar in that respect. And you could see, toward the end of last year, when Chris Paul's age was maybe catching up to him a little bit and he couldn't expend the same two-way effort deep into playoff series.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.01 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:04 AM