Mike Porter 
Postdoc
Mike Porter
Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Reg: 11-21-04
04-13-23 03:29 PM - Post#355750    
    In response to SomeGuy

• SomeGuy Said:
On the plus side, I would have described Princeton’s Kellman the same way a couple of years ago, and he turned into a pretty good player on both ends.

That said, my way too early prediction is that Spinoso and Gerhart are our centers next year (unless we get a transfer, which seems like a reasonable possibility). We’ll probably occasionally play small with Martz and Laz (or Holland) together under certain circumstances. But I would strongly prefer not to have to play small — as you saw with Brown this past year, you can get the jump on teams with the small lineup as a change of pace, but once teams see it and can prepare for it, it gets tough to pull off. We absolutely need somebody to fill the MLL role, and then we need somebody to fill the Mosh role of being there if Spinoso or the other big get hurt. So we’ll need Gerhart and Ubochi ready to contribute.

Again, hope Ubochi really evolves into a great player for us, and I like the idea of taking a flier on a kid like this. That said, Kellman had offers to places like Drexel, Bucknell, Colgate, etc. when he picked Princeton and he didn't really break out until he was a senior. Just to set expectation levels, I tend to doubt much help will come here for next year. Maybe as a junior/senior if development comes. Would love to be wrong of course. Really hoping for a post player transfer to give us a better chance...
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.045 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:29 AM