Mike Porter 
Postdoc
Mike Porter
Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Reg: 11-21-04
05-10-23 06:46 PM - Post#356242    
    In response to SomeGuy

• SomeGuy Said:
Certainly agree that nychoops is informed, and I think his intent is to be respectful. My concern with the view (and why I wonder if, while informed, it isn’t exactly what Jordan would say) is that it seems to reflect poorly on the other kids on the team. So while it may be supportive of Jordan, and it may be in line with the view of most of the alumni on the board, I’m not sure it is supportive of the kids remaining on the team. They’re probably not sitting around thinking, man, if only we had better players than me, Jordan would still be here!

I've been pretty clear about how I view the program's progress and trajectory as a fan and don't want to rehash it (two word summary is, not great). I've also always aimed to be respectful even when I disagree pretty strongly with some takes posted here.

I think the majority of us have also been very respectful and thankful to all the players past and present that represent Penn. I'm not here to criticize any specific college kid trying to do their best for their school.

With that said, we are fans of a sporting team and we want them to WIN. If not, why the heck would we spend so much time caring? If we aren't going to compete to win championships and instead want to accept mediocrity, myself and others will continue to fade away because frankly that would be a waste of my time. Not to mention, just about 0 new fans are being created right now. Mediocrity doesn't create new fans.

This isn't my 5 year olds soccer league, every team does not get a trophy at the end of the season. After Jordan makes his choice, I and many others want to hear the reality of the situation and welcome nychoops comments. He is not criticizing the kids still here. They are here to do their best, they did not construct the roster, they did not recruit the roster.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.182 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:25 PM