Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
07-11-07 05:46 PM - Post#35721    
    In response to MouserDZ

This link should work:

Shazier Article

Also some excerpts, since the Daily Press articles usually disappear within a few days:

Menchville High's recently graduated point guard Darryl Shazier is super quick, has superb ball-handling skills, an automatic jump shot, a full basketball scholarship to Bucknell and was named Peninsula District Player of the Year.

All of that, and Shazier hasn't won a game in four months. "It's been a while," Shazier said. "I was looking to end the streak."

In the Virginia High School Coaches Association All-Star basketball game on Tuesday, Shazier teamed up with Jamestown's Pierre Brown, the Bay Rivers District's Player of the Year, to help the East race past the West, 103-99, at the Hampton Coliseum. . . . .

Shazier added: "This will be good. I definitely don't like to lose. That's hard to take."

The hardest loss he had to cope with last season came in a season-ending loss, 65-61, to Booker T. Washington on Feb. 23 in the Eastern Region semifinals.

Shazier remembers walking out of the back hallway at Churchland after the game feeling abnormally good.

Agonizing over the "what ifs" and mentally replaying different scenarios came a day later.

"At first what kept me together was that I knew we had made a good run in the region, and I couldn't really hold my head down right away," Shazier said. "But it was definitely tough. The worst part was that I had to sit in the stands and watch other teams play." . . . . .

Shazier got a small dose of the next level last week while working Bucknell's camp.

"The game moves a lot faster on the college level," Shazier said. "So that's a new challenge for me because everyone is good. Sometimes you've got to accept one ending and take a new start."

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.01 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:23 PM