Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: SUMMER UPDATE
JDP 
Masters Student

Reg: 11-23-04
07-22-23 01:15 PM - Post#357356    
    In response to cc66

I would have no concerns over the lack of any official announcement - Cornell and Penn both have all not put out their press releases - the considerations of Coaches and Sport Information Directors typically do not include a fan's desire to know.

Check the Twitter sites of all the recruits - if they still list Columbia, I am sure you are good.

There will be much discussion shortly across the board on what the season schedules have not been posted. I would certainly expect the Ivy part of the season is already known (how could it not be come late July) - it would be great for the Ivy League's marketing arm to have some fanfare in announcing those dates and Ivy Madness. But no sense to build fan excitement.

As for the out of conference schedule - I would expect that 95% of it is known. Likely 1-2 open dates that are still being worked through which keeps the known games a mystery ... here again the schools could begin marketing their schedule piece meal - unless it's an official tournament, I have never seen it done. And I rather have the coaches working till the last minute to upgrade schedules than announce a suboptimal schedule early.

Edited by JDP on 07-22-23 01:16 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.222 seconds.   Total Queries: 15   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:27 AM