Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Max Martz
pennsive 
Junior

Reg: 11-21-04
08-30-23 08:59 PM - Post#357757    
    In response to rbg

Agreed, this, along with Dingle, is not a good look for Donahue. Unless his contract is over after this season, I don’t expect a newish President and a newish Athletic Director to tackle this problem absent a strong push from the most influential alumni or important financial boosters. This is especially true because he has won once and been to the Ivy tourney every year. Neither the President nor the AD is an alum or appears to have any particular background in Penn hoops that would cause me to believe that on their own they would be ready to push Donahue out. Moreover, the optimist in me says, as I did with Dingle, there can be addition by subtraction. We have an excellent freshman class ( unproven but with loads of potential based on their bios), which makes us at least two deep at all five positions. With two heavy hitters gone, now, finally, there is daylight for fierce completion for meaningful playing time. This could make us more competitive than we otherwise might have been by the time the Ivy season begins. If good upper class leadership remains, we have the tools to be good or very good. If the latter, this will be to the coaching staff’s credit. If not, let the wolves howl.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.011 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:53 AM