Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 2024 Recruiting
palestra38 
Professor

Reg: 11-21-04
10-06-23 09:46 AM - Post#358286    
    In response to pennsive

I don't deny Princeton made a great run, but you are misquoting me. I did not say we had the best playerS and the best team. I said the following:

The team underperformed and in crucial situations, lost almost every time. The happened despite having the best player in the League, a quality young center and power forward, and a group of shooting guards the totality of which never gelled

I agree that Princeton was the better team. However, we had the best player and we had much better talent outside of Dingle than the performance of the team indicated. More importantly, WE HAD A 17 POINT LEAD AT PRINCETON WITH THE TITLE ON THE LINE AND BLEW IT. I cannot get over that. And I was standing by the baseline when Penn came out for the 2nd half and Steve looked all hot and bothered and was not at all confident looking. We came out looking to choke it appeared and we did. We then lost in the playoff game by hitting only 1 shot after we were up 1 with the ball with 3 minutes to go. We had our destiny in our hands (and I'm not even including the horrible loss at Dartmouth) and somehow blew it. At some point, the coaching staff has to be held accountable for bad losses, and the great Princeton run in the NCAA's has nothing to do with that. We were good enough to win the title
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.02 seconds.   Total Queries: 10   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:41 PM