Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Bucknell
Penndemonium 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-29-04
11-09-23 02:29 AM - Post#358953    
    In response to penn nation

When I called Dingle a tweener (damn autocorrect), it is partly b/c of his unique strengths and the way he was used at Penn. His handle has improved a lot, but he isn't quite a prototype ball handler. His shot has improved a lot over the years, but is not quite pure enough of a shooter to thrive on a Pitino team. He isn't quite big enough to be an Antoine Walker do-it-all type, although he has the physical strength and some those attributes. I don't say any of this as a criticism. I love his game and everything he has done for the Quakers. At Penn, as the shot clock wound down, we would just give him the ball and give him space. One-on-one, he is simply very hard to stop. He can rise up and hit his three, or he can run right through you downhill to the hoop. I don't know if this translates well in the Big East on a Pitino team. Pitino thrives on great ball-handling, fast passing, and great shooting - as well has frenetic defense. Dingle is awesome, but he isn't the prototype for that style. He is a slower possession one-on-one guy. I hope he finds great success this season, and I hope I am completely wrong.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.789 seconds.   Total Queries: 17   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:17 AM