Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: St. Joes
weinhauers_ghost 
Postdoc

Loc: New York City
Reg: 12-14-09
11-11-23 05:12 PM - Post#359045    
    In response to SomeGuy

I thought youth and lack of game experience were what contributed most to the loss. St. Joe's guards were more experienced, quicker and more decisive than Perkins and Thrower, both of whom were out of rhythm for most of the game. Perkins made some good plays in our second half run.

Overall, I thought the Hawks just outmuscled us. Spinoso had to deal with a 7', 285 lb force of nature in the post. Not an easy task, even when you're 6'9" and 240 lbs. Gerhart did the best he could off the bench, but he looked overmatched. The fact that no one other than Slajchert managed to get to double figures in scoring was problematic.

Coming back from 19 down, getting to within two possessions showed me something. I am also encouraged to see that the team didn't fold.

I hope they continue to get better.

Edited by weinhauers_ghost on 11-11-23 05:23 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.132 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:15 AM