Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Brown through three
Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
11-15-23 10:24 AM - Post#359226    

Very disappointing start to the season. Since opening with a strong and winnable effort at Colgate they’ve put up two stinkers losing to two not-real-good teams and dropping a whopping 40 spots in the KP.

The stats would say the single biggest gap is three-point shooting - we're giving up 39 pct and shooting 28 ourselves. Combine that with our 60 pct FT shooting when we get to the line at a healthy clip (our two highest FT rate guys are also our two shakiest FT shooters) and being particularly susceptible to getting it stolen, and you've got a recipe for a poor offense right now. Not to mention it actually looks very choppy and without much flow, with a hot of hesitation, uncertain passes and getting it taken away.

We are dominating the boards on both ends and are not giving up much inside. You'd probably expect that given the quality and depth we have down low. Take nothing away from the frontcourt but they still aren't finishing consistently. (Some point blanks not going down.)

We do need more from the perimeter and I'm not sure where that comes from. Kloman can hit the spot up three, but isn't in any other kind of rhythm offensively. Cooley continues to be an enigma, a slasher that isn't slashing, in part because teams are giving him the outside shot. (But good things happen when he drives). And as impactful as Kimo is defensively, he's not a threat on the other side. Those three played 68 minutes vs. UNH and scored 8 points and had 3 assists. But they all have assets defensively (whether Kloman's length, Cooley's athleticism and Kimo's tenacity and footwork) and they haven't been closing out on the three point shooters.

It strikes me that both Ferrari and Kloman are better-suited to come off the bench as change-of-pace guys, but I can't think of who you'd slot in there. Do you try Anya at the 3 and bring Ndur or Lewis (or Dabo!) in to play the 4?

I know this team is 'better' than losing to Loyola at home and getting pasted at UNH. But there is a lot to get better at, and to be 0-3 when you have three of the best players in the league isn’t adding up.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.275 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:49 AM