Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Lafayette
SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
11-24-23 09:01 PM - Post#359657    
    In response to Penndemonium

Yes, to me it was more the strategy than Spinoso’s execution. The doubling and leaving their big only works if Laz/Holland or at least Perkins/Smith jumps in the middle to help for a moment on the roll. We left the guy way too open way too often. He was either totally unattended for a couple seconds, or Clark was there trying to do something totally futile. At some point, we needed to adjust.

I do think Thrower makes a difference on defense. We haven’t played nearly as well without him for 3 of the last four halves. I have no idea how to figure out how to play our 5 guards enough. But I thought Thrower sat too much in the second half, assuming it wasn’t because of his injury (he appeared to make a couple of mistakes on both sides of the ball early in the second, and he didn’t appear again until the last 12 seconds. Love Brown so far, but we need to keep Cam out there somehow.

Anyway, a win is a win. Offense was good overall (though inconsistent), and we won the boards yet again against a team with some size. Hopefully we play better tomorrow on D.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.19 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:49 PM