Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Belmont
AsiaSunset 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-21-04
11-26-23 12:12 PM - Post#359710    
    In response to UPIA1968

Modern sports have evolved but in the end the principals remain constant; that is, the winning team needs to score the most points.

With the pace of college basketball in this era, I’ve noticed Penn teams generally need to score 75 points in regulation time to consistently win. Unfortunately, we didn’t shoot the ball well enough yesterday to do that.

To Steve’s credit he tried to mix things up a bit. He started Sam ( who was shaky, but will relax over time). I also noticed that Nick actually tried to make someone guard him at the 3 point line. Neither move paid dividends, but I think both will over time.

Clearly the team doesn’t have enough scoring on the floor when George is out there. He must shoot the ball. Yes - he contributed in other ways. You need to play defense and rebound. But - in the end - the game is basically about putting the ball in the basket.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.008 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:56 PM