Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Bryant
JBears 
Senior

Reg: 06-06-12
12-02-23 12:58 PM - Post#359995    
    In response to Bruno

Bruno, having not seen or listened to the Kansas City game, I have to assume that they either played a zone defense or were simply not able to apply enough man pressure on Mr. Lesburt, when he had is breakout 20 point and 6 rebound game. The matchups must have played to his strengths.

Last night both teams played very aggressively on both offense and defense, as well as very fast paced. Perhaps AJ is simply not ready to compete effectively at that level yet. Conversely, as a senior, Mr. Kloman played very well in that environment with 15 points, 6 rebounds, and 3 of 3 from the line. There was one give-and-go play in close quarters where he took the return pass and confidently laid it in left handed in traffic, and was fouled. I suspect he does not make that play as a sophomore.

As much as I and others want to see Lesburt as another offensive option, the fact is no one wants win more than Coach Martin. If he felt the young man could effectively contribute to the teams’ success, he’d give him more minutes.

I was also hopeful of seeing one or two of the Frosh pushing hard for some court time. But that does not seem to be happening. So, at the moment the bench is very thin. We really miss Dan Friday’s experience and court presence, during what would be his senior year. It makes Ferrari’s recent absence more glaring.

The team needs to hang tough and keep working hard during this rough start to the season. Hopefully they hit their stride heading into Ivy play.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.353 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:41 PM