Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Day of the Executioner
slane 
Freshman

Reg: 02-09-05
12-10-23 12:03 AM - Post#360375    
    In response to penn nation

I just want to make sure that I am getting this straight and understand the “context”.

In a university environment in which addressing someone by other than their preferred pronoun warrants a disciplinary hearing, and where shouting that any Jews who are unhappy about the atrocities committed by Hamas on October 7 can “go back to Berlin where they came from” is just fine. Where female swimmers who feel complain about being forced to change 18 times a week in a locker room with a person who struts around showing off their erection are in need of psychological counseling, but blind allegiance to an organization whose sole expressed purpose is to murder Jews is just fine. And in an environment in which Jewish students are cautioned for their safety against wearing kipot or other outward signs of their religious faith while walking on campus, no “harassment, intimidation, or bullying” is taking place.

Yeah, that all seems to make perfect sense to me.

Scott Bok is alleged to have tried to pressure four members of Penn’s Board of Trustees to resign from the Board as a result of their having expressed concerns about Penn’s hosting of a supposed Palestinian cultural event whose invited guests on the eve of Yom Kippur included a person infamous for appearing on stage dressed as a Nazi. I have no way to prove or disprove those allegations but if true it sounds a lot like the actions of the UCLA student government when they unseated duly elected duly elected student representatives who happened to be Jewish because they anticipated that any student reps who were Jewish might vote against a BDS resolution, only worse.

No doubt Presidents McGill and Gay answered Congresswoman Stefanik’s questions the way they were instructed to by the lawyers from the Firm representing Penn and Harvard in connection with the ongoing Title VI investigation both institutions are facing. They were “just following orders” (when is the last time we heard that excuse?)

All of that said I guess we should all be happy as we have gotten what we really wanted: Penn being mentioned publicly in the same breath as Harvard, so maybe it’s not such a “very sad day” after all.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.175 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:22 AM