Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Dartmouth game 1
Penndemonium 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-29-04
01-07-24 04:54 AM - Post#361388    
    In response to UPIA1968

To be honest, I think SD's call on Thrower seems right. Thrower looked great to me in the first game of the season when he smoothly sunk a few threes. I never really saw that again from him. I didn't see him doing enough to impact the game otherwise. When he drove, he drove tentatively and didn't make deep penetration. He would pull up in not very good position and the ball movement would die. His decision-making was slower than the other guys, as he seemed to take time to read the defense. is ball-handling has just seemed OK, and his defense was maybe a notch below OK. He reminds me of Jonah Charles, who I also thought was going to be a very impactful player - but who didn't develop enough all-around. I think Thrower is talented, but he needs to evolve a bit to have a positive game impact.

Brown seems to have an idea what to do with the ball before he gets the ball. I saw a little better ball-handling and defense from McMullen. Polonowski, has been an upside surprise. He knows where to be and drills the open shot. The ball moves out of his hands quickly and his defensive positioning is quite good. He will be a nice complement to our other Freshman guards over the years.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.153 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:17 AM