Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Harvard
PennFan10 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-15-15
01-23-24 03:34 PM - Post#362040    
    In response to Mike Porter

MP-Not directed specifically at you, many on here have questioned EH's playing time over the past 1.5 seasons. I agree recruiting has been lacking (at best). But unless any of us are in every practice and meeting it's tough to really understand which players are really performing at a game level. We can (deservedly) knock SD for a lot of things but historically, playing time isn't one of them. He's not political, doesn't really play favorites, and has a history of playing guys with good matchups and there are many cases where someone is buried on the bench and find their way back into the rotation. I don't know the issue(s) around Holland's playing time but it could be any number of things we don't see that happen during practice.

Coaches play guys who they think give them the best chance to win. It's also guys they can trust to make more good decisions than bad ones during games. Again, I have no idea what's up with Holland but to think anyone on here has a better idea than the coaches is pretty presumptuous. Heck, one example I remember is when SD tried to bury Darnell Foreman on the bench for his first 3 years and Darnell kept finding himself in the lineup. That's because he kept doing things that SD could trust and ultimately they couldn't NOT play him.

Edited by PennFan10 on 01-23-24 03:35 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.487 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:16 AM