Username Post: @Brown
weinhauers_ghost 
Postdoc

Loc: New York City
Reg: 12-14-09
02-03-24 12:08 AM - Post#362637    
    In response to Penn90

• Penn90 Said:
I recall recently that P38 was chided for fixating on last year's 17-point blown lead to Princeton. Tonight, Penn was outscored by 12 in the second half. This team fades because it is not talented and not well coached and it knows it, which drains its confidence.

Penn knows it will lose.

More importantly, the team lacks game experience. Coming into this season, only Slajchert, Spinoso and Smith were core rotation players. Laz got spot minutes.

We have four freshmen and a transfer who are getting playing time, to one degree or another. The coaching staff's substitution patterns aren't helping, in my view. Subbing in three or four players at once doesn't help defensive continuity, whether the team practices that way or not.

Unfortunately, I would be surprised if the team suddenly turns it around over the second half of the conference schedule.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.741 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:35 AM