Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Earl Leaving for William & Mary
rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
03-23-24 12:09 PM - Post#366221    
    In response to scoop85

https://cornellbigred.com/news/2024/3/23/mens-b ask...

Earl has done an amazing job at Cornell and deserves to go to a school where he can make more money and have a better shot at getting to the NCAA Tournament.

Each year I expect his name to come up in the coaching carousel, but it doesn't. I'm kind of surprised that he chose W&M and did it so quickly.

At first, I thought maybe he would go down to Virginia to be closer to his brother, but Dan has moved on from VMI and has been at Chattanooga for the last few years.

The CAA is an odd conference that keeps trying to reinvent itself. It's also another 1-bid league.

(With JMU gone and Delaware soon to depart, the CAA will be Drexel, Northeastern, Stony Brook, Hofstra, Monmouth, Towson, Elon, Campbell, NC A&T, Hampton, UNCW, W&M & College of Charleston)

It's hard to think that W&M is going all-in on being a big-time basketball program.

From an Ivy League perspective, I wonder if he had any thoughts about Princeton (deciding that Mitch is staying, or Brett would take over) or Penn (deciding that Steve is staying or it's not worth it). Also, maybe he also saw the added difficulty of coaching in the IL in this new NIL/transfer portal reality and decided he's got to get before things get worse.

Edited by rbg on 03-23-24 12:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.128 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:38 AM