Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Ivy NIL strategy?
SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
03-30-24 03:54 PM - Post#366745    
    In response to CM

Well, I have wondered whether it has been part of the pitch at Harvard in the past. Pre-Covid They seemed to have guys who had unexplained injuries and then wereable to play a year as a grad student. It happened with enough guys that I started to wonder whether they were actually encouraging the practice to get better players. Not sure it’s just Boudreaux graduating early. Did Dingle graduate? There was a suggestion at one point that he was able to finish up before transferring. But the injury redshirt path is certainly more common. I’m just wondering if being a little less afraid of losing transfers should be part of the approach. Everyone is losing them now. It’s not just an Ivy problem. Like everyone else, I am just trying to think of ways to adjust to the new environment. I think that some of our views are a little stuck in the past. Yes, it’s fun to be part of a team for 4 years — but we may be focusing on that perspective because we remember when that was what just about everyone did. Increasingly that is not the norm.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.027 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:33 PM