Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Expectations
Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
03-10-08 11:20 PM - Post#46257    
    In response to Howard Gensler

Not sure I understand the point of this turn in the topic. (Oh wait, yes I do. Let's take some of the shine off of Brown's coach and put it back on Penn's.)

I actually agree that Miller left some good talent behind for Robinson to work with. (Don't forget Keenan was left over too.) That said, I do believe it was McAndrew who played a grand total of 10 minutes under Miller in his final year on a not-so-good team, only to emerge as a two time first teamer under Robinson.

But, I don't think many of us Brown fans were questioning Miller's recruitment abilities. Or coaching abilities. It was his "keeping four-year players from quitting" abilities. (Although, if I recall correctly, I believe Nu and Hunt were actually Happy Dobbs recruits.)

Robinson has done a nice job of recruiting, coaching, you name it. This freshman class is very, very good, and there are at least two future all-Ivy players in it. Williams and Sullivan played a significant role in setting the school record for wins. So, it's pretty hard to try to get Brown fans to think that the only guy to ever get them 19 wins isn't so good at this coaching and recruiting thing.

I do have some questions about the upcoming class, though. Coleman was a great signing, but losing his senior year to a knee injury - the year before he has to adjust to the college game - was a big blow to the class and his likely effectiveness, at least early on. I think Kaluz and Hollingsworth are up there with strong-but-not-outstandin g Ivy big man recruits, and that Weaver is more of an undersized power forward. In short, I don't know if any of those guys are anything more than solid role players - although I'll admit I don't know very much about them.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.319 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:03 AM