Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Expectations
Howard Gensler 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-21-04
03-10-08 11:53 PM - Post#46259    
    In response to Bruno

You know, one can state a fact without there being an ulterior motive. I wasn't denigrating the job Robinson did and I wasn't trying to get the 2.5 people on this board who care about Brown to give Miller his props - it was more a theoretical question:

Miller wins with Dunphy's players and gets no credit but Robinson wins with Miller's players and it's all Robinson. Just seemed a little unfair to me.

As for your other points, since you're trying to take the shine off the Penn coach:

1) McAndrew played 10 minutes per game Miller's last year, not 10 minutes total, after averaging over 13 mins. per game as a freshman. So coming into his first season under Robinson last year, McAndrew had played more for Miller than any Penn active Penn player this season except Grandieri and Egee.

2) If you're going to give Robinson the credit for the development of Miller's recruits, don't you also have to give Miller the credit for the development of Hunt and Nu?

3) Which potential four-year star quit under Miller? No doubt a bunch of guys left the team but how many of them were real players - Hunt, Nu, Powers, Forte, Martin, Ruscoe, and all of this year's guys stuck it out. The only top-tier Brown player who quit was Jeppesen and he walked away post-Miller although he did seem willing to follow Miller.

4) As for this year's frosh class being very, very good, you may be right but we can only discuss that in the future.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.601 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:09 AM