Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Does this site layout work?
Stripes 
Freshman
Stripes
Loc: Boston
Reg: 11-21-04
12-04-04 03:30 AM - Post#556    
    In response to Administrator

To me the jury is out on whether it works or not.

But "working" isn't about being better or worse than the old board. This is because a daily reading of the "active topics" makes it just like the old board, so there really is no change for me.

The proof of success will be whether the new format will attract more non-Penn fans to participate and discuss their own team - something that was harder to do in the ivybasketball world where there were 10 Penn posts to each non-Penn post, and most non-Penn threads seemed to turn into Penn threads. And I don't mean to disparage the Penn fans here - you are great fans and really embraced the site...it's just that a critical mass wasn't developing for the other schools.

It may be that this change doesn't, in fact, bring in more active participants for the other teams (there is a bit of a chicken and egg challenge here). If so, then it won't have "worked", but the pain will lie on the backs of those who put it together, not on those of us who have changed our bookmarks to: Active Links.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.191 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:43 AM