Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Rest of PreSeason
IvyBballFan 
Masters Student

Loc: Central Florida
Reg: 11-19-09
12-21-09 10:38 PM - Post#71210    

Hey LionKing, CULion, skiba34, Internetter, and the rest of you CU fans! The remainder of the Lions’ games are against Quinnipiac(@), Maine, American, Lafayette(@), and St. Francis-NY. All rank in the lowest one-third of D-1, no matter how one slices it. Over on the Princeton board, they’re thinking the Tigers might well take a big winning streak into their league opener. What are the chances that the Lions run the table and become yet a fourth Ivy team with a very pretty non-league record, that contributes to getting the league above .500 in the non-con schedule?

Other than catching more of the mysterious malaise that seems to grip the team from time to time (e.g., StonyBrook, Sacred Heart) I don’t see a reason why it can’t happen. With newcomers Ampim, Cisco, Daniels, and Grimes on the job upfront, the Lions are doing pretty well on the offensive boards and it seems as if a couple guys are always there to have a good night. With (deadeye) Agho, Bulger, Egee, Foley, and Scott in the backcourt, there are enough guns that the same seems true.

I have always thought the 2009-10 version of the Lions had the potential to make some noise in the league. Now that we’re two-thirds of the way there, what are your thoughts? Could the Lions make the post-season? Are they in a position to benefit again this year in league play from having Cornell as a traveling partner? I haven't even mentioned Max Craig yet; is he still due back for the league opener?
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.009 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:42 PM