Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Bucknell 75 Cornell 64
mrjames 
Professor

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
12-21-10 10:24 AM - Post#91331    
    In response to cornellfan4

Well, the other thing I look at is that the two "best" players on the team are playing horribly.

Wroblewski is turning the ball over on nearly 28 percent of possessions, and Peck's eFG% is barely over 40.

After starting the season strong, the defense is getting worse and worse. As Wroblewski and Peck turn it around, I expect the offense to improve, but that might be wiped out by the declining defense.

I just don't think much has changed about the year. It's a rebuilding year, and there was some hope in Ithaca that maybe the team could get hot and make a run in the Ivies. It still could. But the most likely outcome was that there would be some heavy growing pains as this team attempted to learn new roles left vacant by the departure of almost the entire rotation.

I tend not to blame or laud coaches as much as the next guy. Coaches tend to have a great impact in recruiting talent and motivating that talent to get into game shape both technically and physically. But other than end of game situations, where strategy is more prevalent, they don't tend to influence outcomes as much as most think.

Since the first Courtney recruiting class has been praised as a great success by the unofficial online home of the Big Red, I'd assume Courtney is doing very well as a coach.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.012 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:03 PM