H78 
PhD Student
H78
Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Reg: 01-06-11
03-08-11 05:19 PM - Post#99540    
    In response to Silver Maple

• Silver Maple Said:
Pathetic. For the entire season Harvard has virtually no fans on this board, despite probably having the best team in the school's history. The only notable exceptions are Mike James and some guy who likes to accuse people of 'borderline racism.' Finally, a couple come scuttling out from under the bathroom sink to talk some trash. And they couldn't even manage to be amusing.

So what's classier than Princeton? Certainly not Harvard.

Re: The first 2 posts on this string:

A. Someone's pranking (H. Lampoon style?)

B. If they're not, it shows remarkably bad taste, Ivy Leaguer or not.

These posts are probably from the same person, as cornellfan2011 notes. I think they were written just to get a rise out of people, which they clearly have.

Re: The quoted post

You're right about the first 2 posters crawling out but I think they came from beneath a more malodorous bathroom fixture than a sink.

You're also right about there being a dearth of Harvard fans on this board. I believe it's because this board's postings are predominantly non-Harvard alums, apparently from other Ivy schools, who (in all fairness) like to go after the Harvard folks. I found myself being accused of recruiting violations based on an innocent contact with one verbal commit, and I now hide in the corner when I go to high school basketball games, for fear that I may be accused, as someone has said, being the second coming of Jim Harrick.

Curmodgeonly is one thing, immature and in poor taste (like the first two postings in this thread) is even worse. And, neither is becoming to a posting on these boards. How about a little live & let live?

I'm venturing back onto this Board after telling Mike that I was going to walk away, because perhaps a bit of positive energy and enthusiasm is what we all need, no matter to which school we went, or to which board we post.

Whoever makes it to the NCAA's (and I hope it's both H&P, whatever the outcomes this week) should be supported by all Ivy grads, because it's the right thing to do, and the smart thing as well, as a rising tide will lift all our ships. I was a huge fan last March of the Cornell team and their foray into the Sweet 16.

Here's to Harvard and Princeton and here's to the institution of Ivy League Basketball!

P.S. It would have been great if no one had responded to these first two postings. That would have made quite a statement as to their irrelevance to the subject and today's game. They would have been perceived as (forgive me Dartmouth alums) "voices crying out in the wilderness".
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.011 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:14 AM