Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Holy Cross getting AP recognition?        (Topic#100)
Anonymous 

12-01-04 06:03 PM - Post#414    

Ok, so being ranked 25th by a single writer isn't exactly the pinnacle of college basketball achievement, but it's still recognition (and more than we are getting after the loss at Wyoming). So, should I be worried about the game tonight? If Wyoming was a game we "needed to win to have a special season" than this one definitely isn't losable. I'm sure somebody out there at least read the box score from their win over Harvard and has something to say.

Brian Martin 
Masters Student
Brian Martin
Loc: Washington, DC
Reg: 11-21-04
Re: Holy Cross getting AP recognition?
12-01-04 07:06 PM - Post#415    
    In response to

Holy Cross is favored at home. They are definitely better than Lafayette and Bucknell and probably better than Wyoming. Princeton will have to play well to win this game.

Anonymous 

12-01-04 07:55 PM - Post#416    
    In response to Brian Martin

From the Patriot League Website....so i would say the PL "experts" would quarrel with your assertion that HC is definitely better than Bucknell.

2004-05 Patriot League Men's Basketball Preseason Poll
Rank, Team (First-place votes), Points
1. Bucknell (10) 92
2. Lehigh (3) 79
3. American (3) 74
4. Holy Cross 66
5. Colgate 57
6. Lafayette 38
7. Navy 24
8. Army 18

Brian Martin 
Masters Student
Brian Martin
Loc: Washington, DC
Reg: 11-21-04
12-01-04 08:35 PM - Post#417    
    In response to

Well, Bucknell may have been favored to win the league, but from what we have seen thus far, I would rank Holy Cross and American over Bucknell and Lehigh. Holy Cross's win over Boston U is the closest thing to a good win by any Patriot team so far. St. Francis PA won at Bucknell last week and lost at American this week. I know that doesn't prove who is better, but it is the best comparison we have to go on so far.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.192 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:09 PM