Basketball State Page
Scouting Report
Photo Gallery
Historical Record
Loyola Media
The Greyhound
Baltimore Sun
Baltimore Examiner
Username Post: Siena Game        (Topic#11427)
aighounds03 
Freshman

Reg: 09-23-08
01-28-11 10:31 AM - Post#94443    

I checked the early line and we're 3.5 point favorites. I can't remember the last time we were giving points to Siena.

With Rider beating Iona last night, a win here would put us in a three way tie for 2nd with a huge game Sunday home against Iona.

I haven't seen much of Siena this year, but hopefuly Walker can neutralize Rossiter, and Hall & Olsen continue shooting well. This is a very winnable game.

Go Hounds!!!

LoCo2011 
Senior

Reg: 01-05-08
01-28-11 11:39 AM - Post#94451    
    In response to aighounds03

no CJ for Siena again (they've really been struggling without him).. definitely a winable game as we actually have done decent against Siena during their 3 year championship run

This weekend really lets us know how far we've come this year

jdp 94 
Masters Student
jdp 94
Loc: New York
Reg: 07-20-06
01-28-11 03:46 PM - Post#94467    
    In response to LoCo2011

Happy to emerge and see the Hounds are playing well. Perhaps it has not been EllerbeGaudioHicksPatsos all of these year, but me.

I will now go back to not paying attention, as to not jinx the current trajectory.

See you in March!

jdubs 
Freshman

Loc: Rhode Island
Reg: 11-27-06
01-28-11 03:47 PM - Post#94468    
    In response to LoCo2011

2 huge games at home. I hope the students rally this weekend.
It will be interesting to see how much better the Hounds play against Iona with Walker in the line up. He was definitely missed in their last matchup. If they can at least limit Glover, I think they can win.

MacDog 
Masters Student

Reg: 07-21-06
01-28-11 06:02 PM - Post#94484    
    In response to jdubs

Gotta get through Siena first. As Loyola fans know, it is when we finally start seeing more than just glimmers that reality crushes our souls.

loco09 
Masters Student
loco09
Reg: 02-08-07
01-28-11 07:17 PM - Post#94485    
    In response to MacDog

It seems like every year Loyola goes on a run where it wins 4 or 6 games in a row and then falls flat on its face down the stretch. Interesting note that I saw on The Greyhound today was that Brooks and Barney are not playing but both are eligible per NCAA and Loyola standards which means they are not playing due to disciplinary/personal reasons.

Here's a quote from the Siena board, it seems like they are worried and hopefully his worst fears come true tonight:

I don't post much guys. But I just wanted to say that Friday night is going to be a b*tch for the Green & Gold and their faithful attending the game.

While Siena is becoming less and less of a threat for a MAAC crown, you can bet the house that Loyola's fans have had this game circled on their calendar since September. This will be Loyola's Super Bowl...not to mention payback for the last 4 years. It will have all the ingredients for an butt-kicking. Friday night game. Their house. Banged up and vulnerable opponent. The student section will be overflowing. I am dreading the moment they do their signature "Get Up..Get Up..." cheer. This could be very, very, VERY ugly.
It's Not Worth Winning if You Can't Win Big

LoCo2011 
Senior

Reg: 01-05-08
01-28-11 10:21 PM - Post#94524    
    In response to loco09

Awful game by the Greyhounds.. such a ridiculously huge step back for us...

Fast break points were absurd.. brookins was faster than anyone on our team but lack of energy on the Hounds to get back didn't help at all...

A problem I've seen before really came out tonight.. Loyola does not fight through screens what so ever... Rossiter wasn't followed on pick and rolls and way too many times (fault of Walker).. but Siena was just open.. a lot... awful defensive effort tonight, rebounding was also terrible, haven't looked at any stats yet but wouldn't be surprised if Siena had a ton of O-reb.. and dominated us rebounds in general.

Loyola shot the ball terribly... and normally I'm not naive enough to say that we just shot well and give no credit to the defense.. but wow did we miss a ton of open looks tonight. Siena's defense was not good and not the cause of poor shooting..... so many missed open 3's.. I feel like Hall started 0-7 from 3 before finally hitting a couple at the end of the 2nd half... I've also never seen us miss so many layups either. Just unlucky on the front that we went so cold collectively tonight.

The officials really were not good tonight, at all... so many missed travel calls (on both ends) and just incredibly inconsistent on what they would call compared to what they wouldnt. Obviously, I'm biased but I definitely think Siena got away with a lot more than Loyola did tonight.

Who knows what the Iona game is going to be like after tonight.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2007 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.553 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:09 AM