Basketball State Page
Scouting Report
Photo Gallery
Historical Record
Loyola Media
The Greyhound
Baltimore Sun
Baltimore Examiner
Username Post: Big win vs. Iona        (Topic#11447)
loco09 
Masters Student
loco09
Reg: 02-08-07
01-30-11 06:03 PM - Post#94717    

Wanst expecting this win especially after the Siena game but it was a huge 88-85 win in OT to stay in 3rd place in the MAAC one game back of St. Peters. Walker didnt play today and we had tons of guys step up with 6 finishing in double figures led by Brian Rudolph w/ 19, and Drummond and Etherly each had double doubles. Olson was huge today hitting a 3 with 7 sec. left to force OT and then hit big shots in OT. This win definitely makes friday's loss more bearable as most thought a weekend split kept us in good shape. Now on to Rider and Siena next weekend I think another split would be acceptable.
It's Not Worth Winning if You Can't Win Big

LoCo2011 
Senior

Reg: 01-05-08
01-30-11 11:26 PM - Post#94788    
    In response to loco09

Drummond came out a true stud today.. I was real happy with his game today.. his point total seemed higher, but I think he just hit a lot of clutch shots tonight.. Had 14 pts and 10 reb in just 24 minutes of play... excited to see him progress the next 3 years.

Olson obviously came up huge.. and I thought Etherly played real well too. Wiegand actually played very serviceable as well. Didn't expect this win, but it was one of the best games I've ever watched live in Reitz.. high level of basketball played (despite the 30 point destruction of Siena a couple years ago)

jdubs 
Freshman

Loc: Rhode Island
Reg: 11-27-06
01-31-11 10:36 AM - Post#94827    
    In response to LoCo2011

Drummond has been playing well. It's unfortunate that as well as he's playing now, history has shown that this is probably the best he's ever going to be. Patsos has not be able to develop any players.

Random question referencing the other post. Is the "marching flock" still coming to home games and playing the "get up" song? It's great to hear other schools know about it.

wespearl 
Freshman

Reg: 01-10-11
01-31-11 11:36 AM - Post#94832    
    In response to jdubs

loy is playing like a team, it is great to see, best big man couldn't play, yes the get up cheer is used

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2007 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 1.048 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:01 PM