Basketball State Page
Scouting Report
Photo Gallery
Historical Record
Loyola Media
The Greyhound
Baltimore Sun
Baltimore Examiner
Username Post: all mens maac teams?        (Topic#11686)
wespearl 
Freshman

Reg: 01-10-11
03-02-11 08:34 PM - Post#98510    

Walker made the third team for loyola, given that we were in 5th place we probably wouldn't normally get more than one player out of the 15 selected. I feel he is deserving but feel that Etherly had the most consistent season. Walker missed one game I believe, Rudolph had a solid season as did Olson. What do others think? Also,Drummond is on Rookie team, Cormier had a solid season as well , what do you think of that and does Drummond deserve top rookie for league, I suppose Barrow and Stewart might have inside track because of the teams they are on?

loco09 
Masters Student
loco09
Reg: 02-08-07
03-02-11 09:39 PM - Post#98521    
    In response to wespearl

I think Etherly could have made the 3rd team but who do you take off. Etherly is only a soph. so he will make it before he is done. Rudolph and Olson had solid years but their stats werent impressive and that is ultimately what these teams are based on.

There were alot of really good freshmen this year Drummond is certainly one of the best but I have a feeling Stewart will win ROY.
It's Not Worth Winning if You Can't Win Big

wespearl 
Freshman

03-02-11 10:13 PM - Post#98526    
    In response to loco09

yes, you are right about who do you take off, he had as good a year as walker certainly, rudolph and olson have been key but their stats are just okay, they do all the things that don't show up in the box score all the time, I was thinking barrow but justin may win because of the numbe of times he was ROW

LoCo2011 
Senior

Reg: 01-05-08
03-02-11 11:27 PM - Post#98538    
    In response to wespearl

Don't think Drummond was consistent enough to take home ROY honors.. I'd definitely have Stewart and Barrow over him. While I don't love Walker's game by any means, you can't argue that he's statistically the most impressive player that we have on the team this year. Etherly had too many games where he disappeared from the stat sheet, but personally I think he'll grow into a stronger big man for us than Walker

WOFM 
Freshman

Reg: 02-24-11
03-03-11 10:03 AM - Post#98565    
    In response to LoCo2011

From what I have seen of Etherly he could be a beast in this league IF he develops the ability to convert his chances. He can really bang but too often he cannot convert offensive rebounds into points – either making the shot or hitting free throws. Walker is tall but more of a perimeter player. Would be nice to see him do a little more damage inside, just not sure that’s ever gonna be part of his game. What we need is Brooks to develop to help Etherly on the boards, then Walker can focus on providing scoring and just get his defensive rebounds.

Have to admit I came out to this board just hoping to get the story on what happened to Jamaal Barney, but you guys now have me wishing I was heading to Bridgeport! Too bad there’s not better local TV coverage. Here’s hoping we get to see the Hounds on TV Mon night.

wespearl 
Freshman

03-03-11 10:49 AM - Post#98568    
    In response to WOFM

Stats are an indicator but they are only part of the story, the combination of Walker Etherly Rudolph and Olson have been the keys, along with Drummond Hall and Cormier's ability to score. Walker has scored, rebounded and blocked shots, Etherly has scored rebounded and is active stealing the ball and has not forced bad shots, Rudolph's assists and decison making has been good, Olson's decisions, defense and some clutch offense, Hall's ability to score, Drummond's ability to score and rebound, Cormier's offensive rebounding and scoring. By example, Barney who was a great scorer turned the ball over and didn't move the ball around enough, so his stats were not telling the whole story, players like Hall Drummond Cormier Olson Rudoplh have taken up the scoring slack but have played within the team concept.

phillyhound 
Junior

Reg: 11-30-06
03-03-11 01:59 PM - Post#98583    
    In response to wespearl

What are the chances Brooks is actually here next year?

loco09 
Masters Student
loco09
03-03-11 07:15 PM - Post#98617    
    In response to phillyhound

MAAC awards just announced.

Danny Stewart - Rider - ROY
Ryan Rossiter - Seina - POY
Jhared Hall - Loyola - 6th man
Anthony Nelson - Defensive POY
Cooley - Fairfield - COY

Congrats to Jhared.

loco09 
Masters Student
loco09
03-03-11 07:19 PM - Post#98618    
    In response to phillyhound

• phillyhound Said:
What are the chances Brooks is actually here next year?

I think they are pretty good now, earlier in the year I said he was def. gone. I did notice that even when he wasnt playing he was on the bench cheering on the team. I think that playing and contributing in the last few games have helped. He should get some good minutes next year if he can keep his head on straight.

wespearl 
Freshman

03-03-11 09:09 PM - Post#98624    
    In response to loco09

went to NC and skipped games over the break to get head on right came back and has been an okay sub, can rebound and dunk, needs time on court makes inexperienced plays because he hasn't played alot of basketball,

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2007 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.013 seconds.   Total Queries: 8   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:30 AM