Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Observations from Tampa        (Topic#11832)
Tiger86 
Sophomore

Reg: 02-10-11
03-20-11 06:13 PM - Post#102062    

Made it back to Jersey from Tampa last night. Here are a few observations:

1. Princeton did not look small on the court against Kentucky. Harrellson is obviously a beast but Connolly is a big boy himself and the rest of the Tigers held their own in the body mass department. Past Princeton teams had to light it up from three to offset the drubbing they’d receive on the boards in a game like this. Outrebounding these guys was amazing.

2. Despite the above, unfortunately, my prediction to a Kentucky fan before the game turned out to be true: Princeton is very streaky from deep and is just as likely to shoot 20% for the game as 50%. The amazing thing about this game is that the Tigers were 21% from deep and still hung in. They got some clean early looks and just couldn't knock them down.

3. Doug Davis hit about a dozen shots in a row in pre-game warmups. No surprise he was so hot in the first half. Kentucky really tightened up in the second half though.

4. There were an incredible number of Kentucky fans in Tampa (including a lot that didn’t bother to venture into the arena to actually watch the game live) but they mostly sat on their hands during the game, although they made a lot of noise when the Cats came back to take the lead after the Tigers had gone up 5. The Princeton fans were the most into a game that I’ve seen in a long time (I hope to get my voice back in a couple of weeks)

5. Tampa is a great venue for the tournament and the bars were full of basketball fans. I think I shook about 100 hands of folks who were congratulating me after the game for the team’s play. (I never get tired of that).

6. The UCLA cheerleaders still have the magic.

7. The former West Virginia football players I met in the beer tent after the game were absolutely enormous.

8. Gabe Lewullis is still a stud.

H78 
PhD Student
H78
Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Reg: 01-06-11
Re: Observations from Tampa
03-21-11 01:57 AM - Post#102091    
    In response to Tiger86

Great post, Tiger86. Thank you.

You remind me what college basketball is all about.

P.S. One of the great benefits of living about 10 minutes from the UCLA campus (and having grown up about 12 minutes away) has been getting to see UCLA cheerleaders since I was 10. I'm now 54, and they've always looked just as great.

Penn94 
PhD Student

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Reg: 11-21-04
03-21-11 10:36 AM - Post#102104    
    In response to H78

USC cheerleaders are about 100x better than UCLA's.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.241 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:48 PM