Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Coaching Search?        (Topic#11959)
puband09 
Masters Student

Reg: 12-19-09
04-16-11 01:44 AM - Post#104294    

Is anyone else disappointed that no information has been released about the coaching search since Walters said "a national search will be conducted"?

No substantiated rumors about interviewees or on-campus candidate sightings. No leads regarding any dark horse non-Princetonian candidates. Nothing. What gives? How long is this going to take? I kind of thought we might have a new coach by now. It would probably placate the concerns of all the fans and alumni. We can't fully move on from this scorn until we have a replacement.

cornellfan4 
Masters Student

Reg: 12-09-09
04-16-11 08:23 PM - Post#104308    
    In response to puband09

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/sports/college-sport...

VCU assistant Mike Rhoades is going to interview tomorrow

gokinsmen 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-06-10
04-16-11 08:48 PM - Post#104309    
    In response to cornellfan4

This from the Fairfield forum at Scout.com:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=460&f=3179& ;...

• Quote:
Here is a quote from Dillon Graham, a 6-foot-3, 175 pound shooting guard from The First Academy in Orlando, Fla.

"I've definitely developed a strong relationship with Liberty, and a couple Ivy League schools like Princeton. Their (Princeton) coaches left for Fairfield, so I don't know about that situation right now.

Graham uses the plural "Princeton Coaches" went to Fairfield. Seems like we will get at least one assistant from Princeton (Tony Newsome, Brian Earl????)

Could be a casual misquote/mispeak...or not.

cornellfan4 
Masters Student

Reg: 12-09-09
04-16-11 09:08 PM - Post#104310    
    In response to gokinsmen

Even if Earl went to Fairfield he could still go back to PU to be the head coach

Tiger69 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
04-17-11 11:11 AM - Post#104314    
    In response to gokinsmen

It seems to me that if Tony Newsome doesn't get the job he will get the message that there's no use staying around unless he wants to be a career assistant. If he does get the job, then Earl considers, if he hasn't already done so, going to Fairfield with Sidney with, most likely, a nice pay raise and good future propects. If Henderson gets the job, possibly Sidney gets to take his entire staff if he wants them. And, if Maker gets the job, anything could happen. I don't know of anyone else in the mix right now.

(I don't think that there is any serious possibility of either Larry Brown or a VCU assistant being considered.)

PS I have a long history of inaccurate predictions.

Dial Lodge 
Sophomore

Reg: 03-08-07
04-17-11 05:43 PM - Post#104327    
    In response to Tiger69

PUBand - there's nothing unusual going on. A good search is handled confidentially. (Look at the damage the publicity around the Amaker deal potentially cost Harvard last week - if I was a future Harvard recruit, I would not be confident that Amaker would be there for the duration of my college career).

Considering that most of the candidates being considered probably come from within the Princeton family, there is far less reason for them to have to see the campus. Interviews could be taking place surreptitiously, off-campus, with a lot of the work being done by phone.

This hasn't been that long, by the way. What has it been - two weeks or so? No reason to rush, and hire the wrong guy.

And I agree with Tiger69. I see it as highly unlikely that we will hire Larry Brown or a VCU assistant. This will most likely come from someone within the Princeton family, with an outside shot being someone like Maker who knows the Princeton offense.

And whether one of our assistants will follow SJ to Fairfield, we'll just have to wait and see. Newsome could very well go, as he was a player in Fairfield's league. If we hire Henderson or Brennan, Earl or Newsome may wind up taking the vacated spot at Georgetown or Northwestern, rather than going to Fairfield. Or stay put and wait for a different big-time assistantship, if they're so inclined.

Redfish 
Masters Student
Redfish
Loc: under a bridge in Phoenix...
Reg: 11-26-04
04-17-11 06:52 PM - Post#104328    
    In response to Dial Lodge

Who is this Toole guy?

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.194 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:15 PM