Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: The Mitch Henderson Era: A Preview Thread        (Topic#11968)
gokinsmen 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-06-10
04-21-11 06:25 PM - Post#104539    

Observations from the press conference:

• Quote:
"I'm eager to hit the recruiting trail hard and start to work on our 2012 class."

So I guess our 2011 class is "complete"? Yikes. We need a recommitted Clay Wilson more than ever.

• Quote:
"I'm working on a [coaching] staff as we go. I'm eager to get those guys in place. I talked to the [players] about this last night...I want some guys that are going to bring some fresh ideas into what we are doing offensively and defensively."

It sounds like there's gonna be more than one new assistant. Still more coaching drama left re: Earl leaving or not.

• Quote:
"I was very interested in the position when Sydney got the job. I think often as an assistant you think you're ready...The preparation that goes in to being a head coach takes time. I think on the court, you think you're ready, but it's the stuff off the court that's most important, particularly with recruiting."

Combined with Walters' pointed phrase, "I'm pleased to announce...one of Princeton's terrific point guards," I think there's a (wise) effort not to alienate BE and put things into perspective for those of us disappointed in his not being hired. Also, recruiting came up several times as a point of emphasis. Glad they're not in la-la land about that problem.

Would love an exciting early commit before next season begins. Someone on NW's 2012 radar would do...preferably a SG if Wilson doesn't return.

Howard Gensler 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-21-04
04-21-11 07:58 PM - Post#104542    
    In response to gokinsmen

Question for you (and I don't mean this to be trolling in any way): Aside from Ian Hummer (a legacy who doesn't end up at Princeton if he's not a legacy), who would you consider the last stud recruit Princeton got?

puband09 
Masters Student

Reg: 12-19-09
04-21-11 08:00 PM - Post#104543    
    In response to Howard Gensler

Easy. Double D.

gokinsmen 
Postdoc

The Mitch Henderson Era: A Preview Thread
04-21-11 08:48 PM - Post#104545    

• Howard Gensler Said:
Question for you (and I don't mean this to be trolling in any way): Aside from Ian Hummer (a legacy who doesn't end up at Princeton if he's not a legacy), who would you consider the last stud recruit Princeton got?

Since I'd say "stud" status -- at least in this case -- is based on the apparent caliber of the recruit rather than eventual performance, I'd say Will Barrett is the last clear stud. Barrett had offers from Michigan, Temple, and Davidson among others. So far, for various reasons, he hasn't shown us much, but he had great flashes in the final couple games and seems primed for a breakout season next year. Maybe even a huge, Maddox-like one.

Another stud-ish pick might be TJ Bray, who was Mr. Basketball for Wisconsin, but signed early (i.e. before his monster senior year could net him bigger offers).

gokinsmen 
Postdoc

Re: The Mitch Henderson Era: A Preview Thread
04-21-11 08:59 PM - Post#104549    
    In response to gokinsmen

Speaking of Barrett's future, what I'd like to see our basic depth chart look like next year:

PG
Davis
Clement
(Wilson/Bray)

SG
Bray
Hazel
(Wilson)

SF
Saunders
Barrett
[like Kareem, I see Will coming off the bench, but playing starter's minutes]

PF
Hummer
Darrow
Edwards

C
Connolly
Hummer
Darrow

Tiger69 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
04-21-11 09:52 PM - Post#104551    

I'd say, based on buildup, Schaen. There were questions about him early, though. I think that it would have taken a very special coach, like Sidney Johnson, to have made him live up to his potential. But, I'm at peace with the fact that a player can change his mind and choose not to play in the Ivies. We are not free to exploit a student for his athleticism by holding his financial aid over him. That, in my mind, is as it should be.

Howard Gensler 
Postdoc

04-21-11 10:26 PM - Post#104557    
    In response to Tiger69

Schaen is a good one. He might have been my choice.

That was nine years ago.

My point is that Princeton's success has rarely been about bringing in big name recruits, it's been about developing little-name recruits.

gokinsmen 
Postdoc

04-21-11 10:50 PM - Post#104561    

• Howard Gensler Said:
My point is that Princeton's success has rarely been about bringing in big name recruits, it's been about developing little-name recruits.

Yes, but times they are a-changin'. And if Henderson can use some recruiting in-roads and people skills he gained over 11 years at NW...I can see why his hiring was considered preferable to Earl's or a candidate with prior head coaching experience.

T71 
Sophomore

Loc: Fort Lauderdale, FL
04-22-11 09:08 AM - Post#104570    
    In response to gokinsmen

Isn't it most likely that Mitch will want to bring in his own #1 assistant making it even more unlikely that Brian Earl will stay, even if they want him to stay.

Howard Gensler 
Postdoc

04-22-11 10:44 AM - Post#104577    
    In response to gokinsmen

• gokinsmen Said:
  • Howard Gensler Said:

Yes, but times they are a-changin'. And if Henderson can use some recruiting in-roads and people skills he gained over 11 years at NW...I can see why his hiring was considered preferable to Earl's or a candidate with prior head coaching experience.

I'm staying out of the "Will Mitch Henderson be a good coach?" debate because I have no idea - and neither does anyone else.

But I will weigh in on your recruiting points because that's something I follow a bit more closely.

If Henderson had all these big-time recruiting connections which you hope he'll use at Princeton, why wasn't he getting those kids to go to Northwestern? For the past three years, according to ESPN, Northwestern's recruiting classes have consisted of kids in the range of this year's Harvard and Penn classes. The problem is Northwestern plays in the Big 10.

Until the Joe Scott debacle, Princeton was arguably better than Northwestern every year and they were probably as good, if not better, this year. After more than a decade of trying, Carmody has turned Northwestern into a very, very good Ivy League-level team with all the benefits of the Big 10 and none of the hindrances of the Ivy League. I think he's done a good job there - next year they may finally get over the hump and make it to their first NCAA appearance - but nothing that makes me go WOW! So I'm just confused why you think Henderson brings some unique recruiting strength and further confused why you think that's so important when the evidence of this year clearly shows that developing your talent is what helped you win?

Albert08 
Masters Student

Reg: 08-21-10
04-22-11 11:44 AM - Post#104585    
    In response to T71

Most Likely? This assumes he has a #1 assistant in mind -- but in his mind only, because he hasn't ever had any assistants for real - never having been an HC. And Brian Earl isn't just some guy who happens to have been on the previous head coach's staff: he played along side MH for three very successful years at Princeton. There's got to be a strong bond of some sort between the two of them, which increases the possibility, in my mind, that Earl might consider working with him. I'm sure they've talked or will talk, and I'd love to be privy to those conversations.

1LotteryPick1969 
Postdoc
1LotteryPick1969
Loc: Sandy, Utah
04-22-11 01:06 PM - Post#104594    

• Howard Gensler Said:
  • gokinsmen Said:
  • Howard Gensler Said:

I'm staying out of the "Will Mitch Henderson be a good coach?" debate because I have no idea - and neither does anyone else.

But I will weigh in on your recruiting points because that's something I follow a bit more closely.

If Henderson had all these big-time recruiting connections which you hope he'll use at Princeton, why wasn't he getting those kids to go to Northwestern? For the past three years, according to ESPN, Northwestern's recruiting classes have consisted of kids in the range of this year's Harvard and Penn classes. The problem is Northwestern plays in the Big 10.

Until the Joe Scott debacle, Princeton was arguably better than Northwestern every year and they were probably as good, if not better, this year. After more than a decade of trying, Carmody has turned Northwestern into a very, very good Ivy League-level team with all the benefits of the Big 10 and none of the hindrances of the Ivy League. I think he's done a good job there - next year they may finally get over the hump and make it to their first NCAA appearance - but nothing that makes me go WOW! So I'm just confused why you think Henderson brings some unique recruiting strength and further confused why you think that's so important when the evidence of this year clearly shows that developing your talent is what helped you win?

You make a cogent argument. But instinctively, I feel like his time recruiting for a Big 10 institution with high academic standards gives him a leg up over other "family" members like Brennan or Earl, just because of his broader experience in the world of the big time programs. It also gives him a leg up over someone like Maker (high academic standards, but not even close to big time) or the guy from VCU (no experience with high academic standards).

Howard Gensler 
Postdoc

04-22-11 02:04 PM - Post#104596    
    In response to 1LotteryPick1969

You may be right. And it's possible Henderson is a great recruiter but Carmody couldn't close the deal or didn't love the guys Henderson loved.

Bit it's really a crapshoot. Looking back at the last 30 years of Penn coaches:

Littlepage was an alum coming from a big time program who at Penn was a good recruiter but not a good game coach.

Schneider had been an assistant at Penn and a head coach at Lehigh and was a decent X-and-O guy but not a particularly good recruiter or motivator.

Dunphy was a career assistant with numerous programs, had only one year as an assistant as his tie to Penn but had lots of ties to Philadelphia and although fans had issues with both his game coaching and his recruiting, he was solid enough (and underrated enough) at both that the results were pretty darn good.

Miller came in having had some success at Brown (by Brown standards) but no ties to Penn or Philadelphia and was a terrific play diagrammer but not a good motivator and a questionable recruiter - it would be difficult to say he ever put out a team at Penn with as much talent as his better teams at Brown, even though when he got the job he was excited about recruiting with the advantages of Penn.

Now Allen comes in with less coaching experience than all of them, but with the strongest ties to Penn and Philadelphia. He so far appears to be a good motivator (the team plays hard and doesn't quit) and a good recruiter (his first class is very solid) while there's some fan disagreement over some end-game strategy and the team's slow starts.

So that's five coaches, all with different qualifications and different results. The one with the most head coaching experience coming in (Miller) did the worst and the one with no head coaching experience and minimal ties to Penn or the Ivy League (Dunphy) did the best. Littlepage, who, at the time, was a completely logical hire, struggled. Bob Weinhauer, who coached before Littlepage and was a completely illogical hire (but got the job primarily due to the timing of Chuck Daly's leaving), took the team to the Final Four and won or shared five Ivy titles in his five years as head coach.

You just never know.

1LotteryPick1969 
Postdoc
1LotteryPick1969
04-22-11 02:10 PM - Post#104598    

So how do you rate Sydney Johnson as a recruiter?

Maddox was of course a Scott recruit, as was Mavraides.

Douglas Davis, my personal favorite, was an SJ recruit.

He gets a pass on Hummer, due to the family connection. The remainder of his recruits from my perspective, are still up in the air.

My sense is that he was a "good" recruiter (SJ), whatever that is. But good by what standard? Good by Ivy standards? Good by any standards. I guess Fairfield will find out.

1LotteryPick1969 
Postdoc
1LotteryPick1969
04-22-11 02:23 PM - Post#104599    

• Howard Gensler Said:
Dunphy was a career assistant with numerous programs, had only one year as an assistant as his tie to Penn but had lots of ties to Philadelphia and although fans had issues with both his game coaching and his recruiting, he was solid enough (and underrated enough) at both that the results were pretty darn good.

I always thought Dunphy was a fantastic coach.

Tiger69 
Postdoc

04-22-11 02:42 PM - Post#104604    

"My point is that Princeton's success has rarely been about bringing in big name recruits, it's been about developing little-name recruits."

Good point, which I agree with. I think that that is where "the system" comes in. Of course, it's a nice bonus when we get someone really athletic like Kareem Maddox who gives us a little more flexibility.

gokinsmen 
Postdoc

04-22-11 04:15 PM - Post#104612    

• Howard Gensler Said:
If Henderson had all these big-time recruiting connections which you hope he'll use at Princeton, why wasn't he getting those kids to go to Northwestern? For the past three years, according to ESPN, Northwestern's recruiting classes have consisted of kids in the range of this year's Harvard and Penn classes.

Exactly -- and that would be a boost for us. Getting a Kenyatta Smith, a Brandyn Curry, a Henry Brooks, a Miles Cartwright...that could be the difference between competing for a title and actually winning one. If we can upgrade our talent/athleticism a notch, strategy and player development can put Princeton back on top again.

RE: player development, I saw this in one article:

http://www.newjerseynewsroom.com/pressbox/2011/04/...

• Quote:
Henderson coached two of Northwestern’s best guards in the program history in Jitim Young and Michael Thompson. Young was a first team All-Big Ten Selection in 2004 and ranks eighth on Northwestern’s career scoring list. Thompson completed his Northwestern Career last season, leaving as the school’s all time leader in assists, while ranking second in 3-point field goals and third in scoring.

Jeff2sf 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-22-04
04-22-11 04:39 PM - Post#104616    
    In response to gokinsmen

Nono, that's not an "Exactly". You miss his point. If the best you can do are "Harvard/Penn" classes when you have scholarships and the Big Ten, that's the opposite of good.

Please note I take no position on Hendu besides him being logical.

Tiger86 
Sophomore

Reg: 02-10-11
04-22-11 04:59 PM - Post#104617    
    In response to Jeff2sf

Jeff I don't agree (surprise). Who would you rather recruit for: a mediocre (in basketball terms) Big Ten school that needs to over-achieve to compete or a nationally prominent university like Princeton (or Harvard, and yes I'll be nice and throw in Penn)? I think if a kid has his mind set on playing in the Big Ten, its gotta be really tough to get him to come to Northwestern.

I'm just very happy that we are in for a run of 1998 Princeton highlight reels (eat your heart out baby!)

Howard Gensler 
Postdoc

04-22-11 04:59 PM - Post#104618    
    In response to 1LotteryPick1969

• princeton72 Said:
So how do you rate Sydney Johnson as a recruiter?

Maddox was of course a Scott recruit, as was Mavraides.

Douglas Davis, my personal favorite, was an SJ recruit.

He gets a pass on Hummer, due to the family connection. The remainder of his recruits from my perspective, are still up in the air.

My sense is that he was a "good" recruiter (SJ), whatever that is. But good by what standard? Good by Ivy standards? Good by any standards. I guess Fairfield will find out.

It's difficult to tell given the thoughts some people here have about Princeton's restrictions holding him back. Since, by my grading, Princeton (aside from Hummer) hasn't had a top tier recruit since Schaen and he was midway through the Thompson era and he didn't even pan out as a star, I think Johnson did no better or worse than expected with regard to recruiting.

Johnson's first class had two key contributors in Davis and Saunders, and I'm confident in saying that if Miller isn't the Penn coach at that time you don't get Davis. But you did and he's clearly been a key player. Saunders has been an effective sub. Hummer is the star of the next class and I think Barrett could be very good but he was not very good coming out of high school and he'll be a junior next year. The rest of that class is all role players who have developed into competent big guys who don't make mistakes and do a few things well. They could be pretty good the next two years but they weren't great recruits. Who knows about this year's freshmen class - no one was particularly impressive in limited action but at Princeton that's common. Your incoming class again has no can't miss prospects but could have a few guys who become very solid contributors.

Hummer should be 1st team All-Ivy the next two years and Davis has a shot as the team's dominant guard, but no other Johnson recruit has made the All-League teams so far and it's difficult to project one of them with the possible exception of Barrett taking such a leap.

So I'd have to grade Johnson around B-/C+ as a recruiter although it could have been Princeton admissions hampering him. As a developer of the talent he did have I'd say B+/A-.

Jeff2sf 
Postdoc

04-22-11 05:07 PM - Post#104621    
    In response to Tiger86

On one hand you've got athletic scholarships, a nationally prestigious university and playing in the Big 10.

On the other hand you have a more prestigiousy university.

It's no contest, it should be, and generally is, much easier to recruit at Northwestern.

1LotteryPick1969 
Postdoc
1LotteryPick1969
04-22-11 05:31 PM - Post#104629    

Very thoughtful analysis, as always.

If you get right down to the bottom line, all of the Ivy's are recruiting from the same pool of talent; it's only a matter of how many good ones you have at one time, and how you develop them. Historically, Penn and Princeton have more good ones at the same time, and typically develop them well.

So Harvard has truly stepped it up a notch, and the others have a difficult job trying to keep up.
It would also seem improbable that Henderson will be able to effect a sea change at Princeton.

And then the only remaining question, how long does Amaker last at Harvard?

gokinsmen 
Postdoc

04-22-11 06:01 PM - Post#104636    
    In response to Jeff2sf

• Jeff2sf Said:
If the best you can do are "Harvard/Penn" classes when you have scholarships and the Big Ten, that's the opposite of good.

That's flattering Harvard and yourself. NW's average recruiting class is similar to an Ivy's best classes.

Also, considering NW has NEVER been to the NCAAs, even calling it a mediocre Big 10 team is a stretch. Depaul's in the Big East...and I'd still consider Bucknell over them. Unless you're going to the NBA, a recruit's big dream is playing in the Big Dance on national tv. And while NW is a great school, it's no match for the prestige of top Ivies (esp. Harvard, Yale, Princeton).

Jeff2sf 
Postdoc

04-22-11 06:39 PM - Post#104640    
    In response to gokinsmen

I was quoting Howard and I thought you, but you're right, I certainly wouldn't include the last 4 or 5 years of Penn classes as good.

Let's break this down just using your definitions - Henderson/Northwestern have demonstrated being unable to recruit as well as their conference opponents. If you'd like, we'll say that their recruiting matched the best an Ivy school had every year. Now you're removing his ability to offer a free education for only a slightly more prestigious university? And they get to play very small time schools and rarely appear on TV?

The same level of recruit he was bringing in is now asking themselves why they'd want to be involved in that.

About the only mitigating factor, such as it is, is that N'western LIKELY has more stringent standards for its recruits than the rest of the Big Ten, but Princeton has higher standards than some schools in the Ivies AND it's not clear that at these schools they clamp down quite as hard as the Ivies do. If Ivies scholar admits are allowed a std. deviation from the average student, it's very possible (likely?) that N'western, Cal, Stanford are allowed 1.5 or 2 devs.

Hmmm, now that I type all of the above facts, maybe you SHOULD have stuck with Earl.

gokinsmen 
Postdoc

04-22-11 06:53 PM - Post#104645    
    In response to Jeff2sf

Well, I admit there's no real way of knowing -- recruiting is as behind-the-scenes as it gets. I'm just trying to give Henderson and Walters experience the benefit of the doubt. You work 11 years in a Big Ten (Lite) assistant gig, and you're bound to learn things that a four-year Ivy assistant -- no matter how brilliant -- simply hasn't.

But yeah, unless there was a candidate clearly better than Earl (esp. with recruiting), I saw no reason to choose otherwise.

SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
04-22-11 08:40 PM - Post#104647    
    In response to gokinsmen

Howard has figured it out. Princeton doesn't succeed as a program by getting known "studs." Actually, I'm not sure anyone in the Ivies does, but Princeton admits it and focuses on getting players who fit the style and are willing to work hard to get better.

With all the raving about Harvard's talent, Curry is the only guy who really scares me (and improved a little bit last year). The rest of them looked the same to me this year as the year before (although I only saw them play three times this year). They're fine players and can do a lot of good things, but I don't think overall they're as good as the recent Cornell teams or the Onikyewe/Archibong Penn teams. No need for MH to pull recruiting magic out of his behind--if he can maintain at SJ's level we'll be fine.

Silver Maple 
Postdoc

Loc: Westfield, New Jersey
04-22-11 09:46 PM - Post#104651    
    In response to SRP

• SRP Said:
No need for MH to pull recruiting magic out of his behind--if he can maintain at SJ's level we'll be fine.

Possibly, although I have a hunch that one of the reasons Johnson departed was that he wasn't sure he'd be able to maintain the level of talent that he had enjoyed to that point. I'll also point out that no Princeton coach-- not Carril, not Carmody, not Thompson, certainly not Scott and not Johnson-- has succeeded in the league without superior athletes ( the 'system' notwithstanding).

(If you think about it, Scott kind of throws all this thinking into a cocked hat. He actually managed to fail spectacularly in the conference, with the purest variant of the system since the 80's, despite having tremendous athletes. Go figure.)

penn62 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-27-05
04-22-11 11:14 PM - Post#104658    
    In response to Silver Maple

I think the Princeton "system" is becoming a bit of a cliche. PU is recruiting better athletes and can now play to its strengths and many other teams have the so called system in their quiver. Nothing unique about it anymore. Coaches now know how to defense it better. Dunphy was good at it.
If you hire a coach who can only coach your "style" (not saying MH is one), it would be a mistake. Princeton's real strength is taking good players and making considerably better and team oriented.

Howard Gensler 
Postdoc

04-22-11 11:52 PM - Post#104662    
    In response to penn62

I think the presence of Maddox the last couple years made people think Princeton was recruiting better athletes, but I don't think that's the case. They don't have a Will Venable on this team (nor do they have a Ray Robins, Harrison Schaen, Spencer Gloger or Andre Logan - and Mitch Henderson as a player was a much better athlete than either Davis or Mavraides.) Maddox's versatility covered a lot of that up. The other guys are not going to stun anyone with their quickness, speed or jumping ability. They're just good, skilled, smart, basketball players who played well together.

gokinsmen 
Postdoc

04-23-11 02:22 AM - Post#104666    

• Howard Gensler Said:
The other guys are not going to stun anyone with their quickness, speed or jumping ability. They're just good, skilled, smart, basketball players who played well together.

That describes 95% of all Ivy players...including most of Harvard's highly touted studs.

And Hummer looked pretty darn athletic swatting away Kentucky dunk attempts. He also shares Maddox's ability to guard inside and out. Speaking of Maddox-like qualities, Barrett is said to throw down dunks in practice that outdo Kareem's. Let him and Hazel and Clement (and Bray with his strength) see a little more action before you definitively say Princeton doesn't have any above-average Ivy athletes.

1LotteryPick1969 
Postdoc
1LotteryPick1969
04-23-11 07:28 AM - Post#104670    
    In response to gokinsmen

• gokinsmen Said:

And Hummer looked pretty darn athletic swatting away Kentucky dunk attempts. He also shares Maddox's ability to guard inside and out. Speaking of Maddox-like qualities, Barrett is said to throw down dunks in practice that outdo Kareem's. Let him and Hazel and Clement (and Bray with his strength) see a little more action before you definitively say Princeton doesn't have any above-average Ivy athletes.

Indeed! So does this post indicate that we can finally start thinking (fantasizing?) about next year?

Howard Gensler 
Postdoc

04-23-11 01:14 PM - Post#104696    
    In response to gokinsmen

• gokinsmen Said:
  • Howard Gensler Said:
The other guys are not going to stun anyone with their quickness, speed or jumping ability. They're just good, skilled, smart, basketball players who played well together.

That describes 95% of all Ivy players...including most of Harvard's highly touted studs.

If Princeton has above average athletes playing on the court next season, then I will amend my statement. This past season, aside from Maddox (who next year may be replaced by Barrett), they did not put out a team with above average athletes, even by Ivy league standards.

That Barrett throws down monster jams in practice is somewhat irrelevant, don't you think? I've seen plenty of Penn guys dunk in practice that I never saw dunk in a game. And athleticism is about more than dunking - but I'll concede that Barrett looks like an above average athlete.

SRP 
Postdoc

04-23-11 04:36 PM - Post#104713    

"Athleticism" is one of those terms that always bothers me a bit. I kind of get what people mean by it, but it often seems to take on an additional glamour that has little to do with winning basketball games. If unusual physical talent is focused into specific forms of execution, that's great. But a) focusing it is not so easy and b) there are often other ways of executing that can substitute for some of that talent.

For example, Will Venable had an unusual ability to drive by people (in a number of games against high-major opposition, nobody could stay in front of him consistently). That ability was partly based on native quickness and coordination but I suspect working on his first step and his crossover had something to do with it too. Dan Mavraides's quickness deficit compared to Venable was a lot bigger than his dribble-penetration deficit because he worked hard on his upper-body strength and often got his shoulders past the man guarding him.

Was Nate Walton a great athlete? Obviously in some sense, but not the one people mean when they talk in this context about "athleticism." That didn't stop him from controlling the game and cutting people to pieces. Or for a non-Ivy example, Adrian Dantley was a not-too-tall guy without much lift who scored a ton of points on spin moves under the basket.

That doesn't mean it isn't great to have the Petries and Venables and Wallaces and Maddoxes on your side, but you can get pretty far with the Waltons and Mavraides's too. (Penn fans can substitute their own heroes as appropriate.) It requires intense focus on skill development, a team orientation, and a system that can harness those skills and cover up individual weaknesses.

Chip Bayers 
Professor
Chip Bayers
Loc: New York
04-23-11 08:43 PM - Post#104719    
    In response to SRP

• Quote:
Or for a non-Ivy example, Adrian Dantley was a not-too-tall guy without much lift who scored a ton of points on spin moves under the basket.

His natural gift was having a big butt for a guy his size - as big as Shaq's, or so it seemed, in a man nearly a foot shorter. That's what gave him the low center of gravity that made all those spin moves work. Also made him tough to move off the block when he anchored down there.

SRP 
Postdoc

04-25-11 01:15 AM - Post#104739    
    In response to Chip Bayers

The Sir Mixalot approach to recruiting is one I hadn't considered, but visualizing him I think that's right. Gotta respect the booty.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.13 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:41 AM