Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Cheers        (Topic#12)
ballfan01 
goober
ballfan01
Loc: New England
Reg: 11-21-04
11-21-04 08:45 PM - Post#69    

Here's to the beginning of a new season. Hopefully more than 3 wins. Let's get at it Terry!!!
I bleed green.

picknroll 
Freshman

Re: Cheers
11-21-04 10:53 PM - Post#70    
    In response to ballfan01

Here's hoping they do. However, injuries continue to plague them. Pattman's well documented, but Callahan continues to hurt, Meyer's not completely healthy, and I'll be interested to see how Lang's ankle and Bode's knee hold up.
ATTENTION BIG GREEN ADMINISTRATION: When you're putting together the to-do list of ways to spend that $1.3 billion you're currently campaigning for, you'd be wise to set aside a few shekels to replace that concrete abomination that is the floor at Leede Arena. Several people have pegged that floor as the culprit for a rash of injuries and I have to agree. These young men deserve better. You wouldn't have the hockey team play on ice that was only half frozen.

BigGreenjeans 
goober

Reg: 11-22-04
11-27-04 01:02 AM - Post#71    
    In response to picknroll

Amen! The floor situation is outrageous. How can you expect a new coach to recruit to a place where the floor exacerbates foot, ankle and leg injuries, if not outright causes them? It's gotta be fixed...and soon. Do you think Dunn got a commitment on this before being hired?

picknroll 
Freshman

11-27-04 03:15 AM - Post#72    
    In response to BigGreenjeans

Not likely. I doubt he was even aware of it. Moreover, I suspect it's a problem the administration will continue to ignore absent a concerted effort on the part of big-bucks alums. If a bunch of them threaten to withhold substantial sums of money, that might be a viable wake-up call. Short of that I don't see anything being done, no pun intended.

It's bad enough that these young men play in an arena that represents a non-commitment to the sport. I'd go so far as to call it downright dangerous. The problem is that -- unlike virtually every other college hardwood -- the floor at Leede has no give whatsoever. So every cut, stop and jump is absorbed by the joints, tendons, etc. Think early Astroturf injuries in football and you get the idea. Fixing it would be hugely expensive, I suspect, since it would require installing some sort of cushion below deck, if it could even be done.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 1.025 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:04 PM