Basketball State Page
Scouting Report
Photo Gallery
Historical Record
Loyola Media
The Greyhound
Baltimore Sun
Baltimore Examiner
Username Post: Women's Lax wins Big East Tourney        (Topic#12005)
Scott 
Sophomore

Reg: 07-25-06
05-07-11 09:09 PM - Post#105085    

This is a step in the right direction. The team does not have the talent to make a Final Four run like some of Dianne Aikens teams but after a six year NCAA drought this is great news.

http://www.loyolagreyhounds.com/sports/w-lacros/re...

Scott 
Sophomore

Re: Women's Lax wins Big East Tourney
05-08-11 11:34 PM - Post#105101    
    In response to Scott

The Hounds will be hosting UMass. I may be wrong but I think this is the first time that Loyola has hosted an NCAA lax game, men's or women's since 2004.

It used to be news when Loyola did not host a playoff game. Hopefully this will become the norm again.

The photos in the gallery in the attached link are really high quality:

http://www.loyolagreyhounds.com/sports/w-lacros/sp...

Lou 
Masters Student
Lou
Loc: Atlanta
Reg: 07-19-06
05-09-11 09:21 AM - Post#105108    
    In response to Scott

Watched som eof the championship on CBS College. Reminded me of how frustrating it is to watch w lax, where they blow the whistle everytime someone starts running. Still, congrats to them. Always good to beat ND in anything.
Jesus loves me.
I don't give a f--- what the rest of you think.

Scott 
Sophomore

05-09-11 12:17 PM - Post#105115    
    In response to Lou

I know what you mean Lou. I once went to see my nieces play field hockey and the number of whistles was incredible.

I've seen enough women's lax over the years that after the whistle blows I usually know what they are calling. When I could identify when there was a shooting space violation, I knew I'd spent a little too much of my life watching women's lax

jdp 94 
Masters Student
jdp 94
Loc: New York
Reg: 07-20-06
05-09-11 01:27 PM - Post#105117    
    In response to Scott

I actually caught some of the game last night on tape delay. Probably the first time I ever watched women's lax for more than 2 minutes.

My question: How the hell are the Lady Hounds in the Big East?

Lou 
Masters Student
Lou
Loc: Atlanta
Reg: 07-19-06
05-09-11 03:57 PM - Post#105122    
    In response to jdp 94

It is a trial period. If we do well they are going to invite the rest of our sports in.

Noticed that mens lax lost to Fairfield in our conference tourny, and it wasn't the MAAC. Back in the day it made sense that Loyola was not in the MAAC for lax. I can't figure out why now, though. If Fairfield came home with us, it makes more sense to play conference games against Siena and Marist as it does to play Bellarmine and Air Force.

(Of course the MAAC includes Jacksonville and Detroit so we would be trading trips to Ohio, Kentucky and Colorado for trips to Michigan and Florida perhaps.)
Jesus loves me.
I don't give a f--- what the rest of you think.

Scott 
Sophomore

05-10-11 12:10 PM - Post#105134    
    In response to Lou

Lou...you know some people are going to read your post and really believe that it is a trial period with the Big East. I got a good laugh out of that one.

The CAA now has seven teams for lax. I'd think Loyola would make a good fit as the eighth. The women used to be in the CAA but I seem to remember there was some sort of dispute and they left.

loco09 
Masters Student
loco09
Reg: 02-08-07
05-14-11 06:44 PM - Post#105270    
    In response to Scott

Congrats to the womens lax team for beating UMASS today 14-7 in the NCAA tourney. They will play North Carolina in the 2nd round.

http://www.loyolagreyhounds.com/sports/w-lacros/re...
It's Not Worth Winning if You Can't Win Big

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2007 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.195 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:30 AM