Basketball State Page
Scouting Report
Photo Gallery
Historical Record
Loyola Media
The Greyhound
Baltimore Sun
Baltimore Examiner
Username Post: David Samuels ????        (Topic#12298)
Iona86 
Pre-Frosh

Reg: 10-05-11
10-05-11 10:25 AM - Post#109029    

Hey guys.... What happened with David Samuels? I thought he was solid with Loyola and now I see he ended up at a JUCO in Texas. Was he ruled ineligible or did you pull the offer?

The Iona forum was wondering what happened since he is a local kid. We thought everything was going well since we saw Hoop Scoop rank him the 2nd best 5th year player in Philly/South Jersey. Other than a few videos we did not see any effort by Phelps to push this kid... what gives?

Iona86 
Pre-Frosh

10-05-11 03:27 PM - Post#109089    
    In response to Iona86

Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller?

loco09 
Masters Student
loco09
Reg: 02-08-07
10-05-11 03:48 PM - Post#109095    
    In response to Iona86

My understanding is that he did not qualify after high school and thus went to phelps. Everything that was written said he was still committed to loyola but I would assume he still didn't have his academics to the level Loyola wanted. I am of the understanding that Loyola does not target jucos and I know Iona has been going the juco route recently so I guess there is a chance he could wind up there. Loyola has a kid,tevin hanner who is in the same situation who is at phelps this coming year and is supposedly still coming here so we'll see how that plays out
It's Not Worth Winning if You Can't Win Big

Iona86 
Pre-Frosh

10-05-11 04:41 PM - Post#109097    
    In response to loco09

I hope it works out better for you than Samuels did. David is a very good player but I fear he will never see the Division 1 level because of his grades. I wonder if he would not have been better off if he had stayed at Rice, where they had programs to work with kids like this, instead of transferring to a smaller school like Blessed Sacrament where he was a God.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2007 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.401 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:01 AM