Basketball State Page
Scouting Report
Photo Gallery
Historical Record
Loyola Media
The Greyhound
Baltimore Sun
Baltimore Examiner
Username Post: Loyola 66 UNH 60        (Topic#12503)
LoCo2011 
Senior

Reg: 01-05-08
11-20-11 10:50 PM - Post#111989    

pretty happy about this win.

Quite frankly, it's a win we don't get in other years... traveling up to New Hampshire, against a team that we should beat.. usually comes away as losses.

Bottom line if we wanna make noise in the MAAC, we need to beat these America East Conference teams and we have been (UMBC, and UNH)

Curious to see what happens on the Sunday game against Florida Gold Coast or whatever they are called... again a Sunday afternoon game that we should win but b/c of time and opponent, we wouldn't have last year.

Cormier is also a stud, has shown a lot of improvement and turning into a true scorer. Even Walker who I usually am extremely critical of seems to be shooting the ball a lot better and I don't groan as much every time I see him put up a 3.

loco09 
Masters Student
loco09
Reg: 02-08-07
11-20-11 11:27 PM - Post#111992    
    In response to LoCo2011

I agree with everything you said. I really like the improvements Cormier has made and he looks so much more aggressive than last year on offense and defense. With Walker if he can give us 15 and 8 every game we should be okay. I think we still are going to need someone to step up and be a legit 3pt threat, with Hall not playing much and Olson injured right now I'm not sure who that will be. Overall though I love the effort on defense and on the boards. With Florida Gulf Coast and then Marist we have a good chance to start 5-1
It's Not Worth Winning if You Can't Win Big

jdp 94 
Masters Student
jdp 94
Loc: New York
Reg: 07-20-06
11-21-11 01:35 PM - Post#112030    
    In response to loco09

Anyone know why the team stopped particpating in early season tournaments? Seems like it has been a few years since we played one during Christmas or Thanksgiving time. Seems a lot easier than scheduling all of these road games in December.

Very strange schedule this year.

loco09 
Masters Student
loco09
Reg: 02-08-07
11-21-11 01:47 PM - Post#112032    
    In response to jdp 94

UNH was a return game for the bracketbuster. As for the tourneys I think there is a rule that you can only participate in an exempt tournament once every so many years but not all tournaments are exempt. I would like us to be in the Old Spice in Orlando but apparently the powers that be have no desire to go.
It's Not Worth Winning if You Can't Win Big

Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
11-25-11 01:30 PM - Post#112352    
    In response to loco09

• loco09 Said:
UNH was a return game for the bracketbuster. As for the tourneys I think there is a rule that you can only participate in an exempt tournament once every so many years but not all tournaments are exempt. I would like us to be in the Old Spice in Orlando but apparently the powers that be have no desire to go.

No, you can participate in an exempt tournament every year - just not the same one.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2007 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.253 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:28 AM